February 24, 2005

....not so happening lah!

Last Saturday I went down to watch my team race at the annual Chinese New Year races in Darling Harbour. And for the first time in 10 years - I didn't race. I really enjoyed it though - the atmosphere is always great and the races always entertaining. I spent the rest of the day having to explain to everyone why I wasn't racing and how, instead of training I have been sitting on my (expanding) arse eating everything that I couldn't eat last year..haha!

Except lately I've had to really suck my stomach in to do the top button of my jeans, and so the bludging ends and the pain begins. Tonight was my first paddling session since last October! And they were training for up coming races, so yes we trained hard (there is always extra incentive when a MOFO ferry is running up your ass)...and tomorrow...well I will be in a whole new world of pain.

PS. straight after training I went and saw Jpeg and he handed me a fillet-o-fish. YUM! (and a box of cookies!) umm...but that has nothing to do with my jeans not fitting...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were you doing training with another crew woman!!

Trace

9:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Hullo Becky!

I find it funny (and ironic) that the one day you wanted to go train, the CorVu team were out having a team dinner! So while you were trying to get out of the line of fire of the ferry, Corvu were training hard- carb loading at Mama Teresa's! hehehee

You should come to the "Jason Wong school of looking good". He has recruited a gang of people to go to circuit class every week. Today, Natty, Tracey, Alan Tay and myself are joining him to take on the pysco (ala boot camp style) gym instructor Kelly. No one else could make the class sound fun except for ah-beng!
Catch up soon after my exam and assignment next week.

showin you luv
syl

11:01 am  
Blogger Bex said...

I think you should take before and after photos of all your participants to show how good you really are Jay-sun.

Trace - OUTRIGGER CANOEING not dragonboating! So I feel no guilt. haha! I might go to Port stephens with them for racing.

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home