August 17, 2005

winners

WOOHOO! We won our grand final basketball game tonight 24-16. It was a tight game and we only came through in the last 5 minutes of the game! This is the second season in a row that we won division two, but with different players and different dynamics - we have two awesome big girls who can grab boards and dominate in the key - something I am still working on. I'm not a very good 'faker'. Jpeg is always telling me that i should up-fake and go in for a foul but i always get scared...which he thinks is retarded since i'm usually the biggest one on the court.

Thanks to all our supporters yelling and cheering and heckling for us! It brings a great atmosphere and pressure to perform haha. Our championship prize was....a red drawstring nylon bag. Almost a complete outfit with our championship caps from last year...at least i can put my smelly shoes in them! And were going up to Div 1 next season -oooh ahhhh! I think it will be a challenge coz some of the teams are bigger and faster and well just better than us!

Shout outs to my team the Magic 8 ballers, and our support crew and coach Howie and Big Sarah who put her body on the line and twisted her ankle during the game.

Afterwards, in keep with tradition we had a pig out at Superbowl. And to mix it up abit we ordered salt and pepper squid..and salt and pepper white bait. yummmm...my mum informed me that you can actually order half and half in one dish (must try next time!) Anyhow - shar was hoarding her food on a separate plate from her bowl, because she was trying to keep up with Mars, who was trying ot keep up with me as I shovelled all the noodles, congee, rice and white bait into my mouth. look - i was just really really hungry! haha

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the grand final win!!! You need to change the link to Gregan's blog to - http://users.bigpond.net.au/gregan/blog/
even though he rarely updates it - MakStar

2:44 pm  
Blogger Gregan said...

mmm the food was good.. I love those veggies.. theyre so nice..

7:14 pm  
Blogger Bex said...

Thanks everyone!

Chad - you didnt believe we could finish it. Non-believer!

10:08 am  
Blogger sharzy said...

Yummmmmmm, food again!!! :)

I only hoard when I don't want to miss out on an opportunity of tasting every dish. :) And eating between two speedsters, man, it was tough! I was soo full afterwards probably because I ate so much faster than I normally would, and didn't realise I was full until it was allll over! *bloated*

6:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home