October 21, 2005

loong weekend

It's going to be a long weekend for me. I'm taking monday off. But really it's literally going to be a long weekend as I'm off to paddle up the Hawkesbury River tomorrow night from 4.30pm until sunday morning 1-2am thereabouts for the Hawkesbury Canoe Classic fundraiser race for Bone Marrow blah blah....it's a good cause, I just don't remember the full name. We're paddling from Windsor to Brooklyn which is 111km.

Anyhow there is 12 of us and from the sounds of things it will be more of a floating picnic than a highly competitive race, but then 10 hours is a long time between friends and i think tensions and hallucinations could well be on the agenda! We only get 2 maybe 3 x 15 minute breaks during the whole race. Dont think I will have time to snap any pics, but I'm sure someone will take a picture of our OC12! We are hoping to set a record. oh wait - we will be, since we are the first OC12 craft to ever compete in the race. ha. Did I mention I might have to pee in a bucket?

Yes it's going to be a long weekend.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the Hawkesbury Classic went well! Luckily u get Monday off too! My colleague was always pestering me to canoe with her in the past but never had the balls! Well big balls to you..

Cheers,
Tony

2:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you go beckstar?
-syl

4:27 pm  
Blogger Bex said...

Seee post above! Thanks for all the well wishes. Yes I have bigger balls than you tonee. ha ha.

12:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes beck but your 'balls' are positioned higher up than my 'tiny ' ones

Well done girlie!!!

Tonee

1:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home