October 10, 2005

mondayitis

Travelling pants.
This morning I wore my new brown pants from The Gap. They are truly a fantastic fit and the length is perfect and I have even thrown out my old light brown pair to make room in the wardrobe for this new pair. I even wore high heels with my pants, which is a rare. Me and my new pants were going great until about 10.30am when my right heel got caught in the cuffed hem of the left leg, whilst i was walking and put me off balance and sent me flying to the floor. So yeah I have a funny walk :P . I gracefully picked myself up, since no one else even offered me a HAND! The cuff is ripped and I am okay. my relationship with my pants is abit bruised, but I promised to wear flats, and my pants promised to continue to make me look good.

Which reminds me - on the plane we watched 'Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants'. Talk about a teenage sob fest. Our whole team of girls were all teary eyed afterwards! I think it's going in the category of Films you should only watch on planes or on Free to Air TV. Which also included 'Herbie' and 'Monster in Law'.

Familiar Aches
Went to first session back on Sunday - against a massive head wind AND in seat 1! I NEVER sit in Seat 1, but there I was, being a useful windblock to the rest of the boat :P I swear we were almost going backwards at one stage. Nice way to ease my way back into training. Only two weeks to go until Hawkesbury Classic. 9 hours of paddling in the dark.

Chocolate Pretzel Muffin
When we were on Kaua'i there was a little chocolate shop that made great Chocolate Pretzels. Basically they're just hard pretzels dipped in chocolated. I had heard that chocolate pretzels were a thing to behold with just a right amount of sweet, salt and crunch. And they were! Anyhow I tried to re-create the magic of hawaii :p and tried my hand at it at home. I melted the chocolate and dipped about 4 pretzels and was thinking it's taking so freaken long, as the chocolate is quite thick and wouldn't 'drip off' the pretzels fast enough for my liking. Anyhow I ruined about 2 blocks of chocolate because I tried to thin out the chocolate with cream or milk and well the chocolate seized up and was unworkable. So I had 5 chocolate dipped pretzels and 2 blocks of ruined chocolate. The chocolate didnt go to waste though - i made some chocolate banana muffins. Chunks of dark chocolate. YUM! Anyhow I might try it again sometime - i read a recipe that uses fat instead. might have to do some investigating.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gregan said...

Please stop watching teenage sob fest CRAP MOVIES. It insults me to have friends who have watched it. Really.

Chocolate pretzels eh.. sounds interesting. Work your magic and let me try one sometime!

11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home