January 18, 2006

Turducken!


I found a new hero today. Would you believe that Sonya The Black Widow is a member of the International Federation of Competitive Eating? In fact she is world record holding champion. Some of her records include:

Hard-Boiled Eggs: 65 in 6' 40 seconds
84 Lumber Baked Beans: 8.4 pounds (3.8kgs) in 2' 47 seconds.
Chicken Nuggets: 80 in 5 minutes

She is 47kg lean and according to her website has maintained her weight since she started eating competitively 3 years ago. You go girl!

She is also a champion eater of Turducken (which is how I found her) and ate 3.5kgs of it in one sitting. WTF is turducken? It’s 3 birds in one – a duck stuffed into a chicken, stuffed into a turkey. (all deboned and each bird is stuffed). The Black Table shows in detail the 48 hour process of making a Turducken. Err I’ll think I’ll pass on the oyster and sausage stuffing…

As for Sonya (Good onya!) She’s my new hero… and I think I might have found a new hobby when I retire from paddling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home