June 06, 2006

Beard Papa cream puffs

On my trip to China in 2004, Mel introduced me to the wonders of Beard Papa's cream puffs. We ate them in Shanghai and then in HK. Last year when we went to Hawaii, I went searching for the store only to find it was across the road from our Hotel!

Recently I had a craving for them and where i had to resort to making my own.

And Today, I found out that Beard Papa cream puffs are in Sydney!!!!
Oh Yeah! I called Red Ginger immediately to share the good news. We are locked in for saturday to shop and eat cream puffs. (which is what we always seem to do when we go on holidays)

Did you know each cream puff has more calories than 1 krispy creme donut?! Not exactly an 'everyday treat'(unlike club mint dark chocolate which is low GI and therefore suitable for everyday hahaha!),but they dont leave that sickly sweet feeling in your gut that happens after a donut.

Luckily for me, they are based in Chatswood, which is too far for me to visit that often. Unluckily for me, my dad's office is in Chatswood...I have a feeling that the cute yellow box with Beard papa's face will be appearing on our kitchen bench soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Club Mint is low GI? Woohoo!

ps. BP's CPs are soooo much better than KKs. But I admit I did feel slightly ill after I scoffed two in one sitting =)

5:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

theres a papa beards in chatswood now , bottom floor opp the cinema entrance the other shopping centre joined to westfields

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home