August 20, 2004

OMG just lost an entire entry AGAIN.

Anyhow to recap � lost of distractions and disasters � especially since our dragonboats got destroyed � some morons decided to make a $150,000 bon fire and basically burnt them to a pile of ash. At least we made it into the news and had good publicity � training continues in borrowed wooden boats!

Last weekend I made it into the mixed team based on my erg (rowing machine) time trials � which is great news (yippee) that I�m on track with training and in the top 8. Except that it�s only the erg and it will be based on the water time trials too. Also, the pain in my shoulders and back was too much and I went to the physio on Tuesday who advised me that I had injured my thoracic spine area and I think all my muscles around there are very tight and were stretching my nerves which is bad. So this week has been �sad hurty� week in the style of Mars (the original �injury sped�) I�ve been getting intensive physio and haven�t been water training at all but have been training to do cardio in the gym.

Somehow despite my recent bad eating habits - from the many various �tony chan get lost� parties, I managed to lose almost 1kg in body fat which means I am now on down to 72ish which is my lowest weight in a long time! Unfortunately the diet restrictions have turned into mental torture bringing on anxiety dreams of me eating huge amounts chocolate croissants and then waking up in a panic and then a feeling of relief after realising that I didn�t actually consume all those calories. Maybe it�s a good thing to dream about eating them instead of actually eating them! Ha.

Anyhow only 8 days to go until the trials � am seriously going to work hard on the diet and fitness in the next few days � even if I don�t get to do any weights � I think I�m strong enough and muscles doesn�t go away until 4 weeks, so I think I�m going to make it through the trials!

PS> GO AUSTRALIA!

3 Comments:

Blogger sharzy said...

Hehehe...goooooo Reeeeeebeccccaaaa!!! You can do it!! Congrats on the ERG machine!!

Very funny about you dreaming that you ate the chocolate croissants! Hehehehe...

4:48 pm  
Blogger Gregan said...

hehehe.. funny

hey I reckon you should comment on your own blogs Beck - 'cos there are no cutting comments without you!

anyway.. good luck with the trials!

PS> GO BECK!

1:30 pm  
Blogger Marissa said...

Be Aggressive ... Be Be Aggressive!
B-B-B-Beccaaaaaa (cf. T-T-T-Torrence).
Go and kill it, then you can pig out and crash out afterwards

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home