March 14, 2005

Savings…what savings?!



No - don't worry. I didnt buy the pink basketball shoes on the right(lucky for all of you - they don't sell them here! Otherwise I would be wearing the Dadas!). On the weekend I bought myself the ones of the left - a pair of And1 shoes and in the words of Clinto they are ‘fully fully’ man! My old Asics Netburner shoes weren’t cutting it anymore (since they are actually netball shoes!), but they’ve served me well over the last 3-4 years, from climbing up the dangerous bits of the Great Wall of china, to trekking through a rainforest in Fiji, to negotiating the slippery oil coated steps of Chinatown’s Superbowl for post game dinner. And yes they are damn ugly too, plus there’s a hole in the front where my little toe is! So I went to ‘D Playground’ a basketball shop in Parramatta – which makes more sense to me than going to the Nike Factory shop. (although the prices don't!) I couldn’t go past the And1 shoes – partly because I got sucked in coz they only make basketball shoes and they looked the least butch out of the bunch. They also happened to be the most expensive but most comfortable there. I will report back to tell you if I play any better in my new ‘hardcore baller’ shoes...BTW those pink ones are meant to be cutting edge technology with 'spinners' on them (NFI!). One day I will wear pink basketball shoes...mark my words!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

I totally hear you! Like i said before - i used to wear black shoes and then switched to white shoes and wayne claims it actually makes me look like i'm moving faster - must be that white blurry effect! ha! And if i wear white, i look like i have some sort of a tan! haha!

9:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god those pink bball shoes look WRONG. I can't imagine what you'd look like wearing those... WAY TOO giRLY.

The white ones however look totally cool! I like them! I actually have a pair of all-white bball boots.. I dunno when I'll wear them though, if ever. I kinda look stupid wearing them unfortunately.. and I don't play bball so that doesn't help.. hehe...

your ones look much cooler though... guess I'll get to see them later today :)

G.

2:26 am  
Blogger sharzy said...

Oooh, I remember those ugly black bball shoes! We both bought them at the Nike Factory so we had the same shoes.

I remember I was watching one of our games, taped by Dougie, and it looked like we had bricks on our feet cause it looked like we weren't moving at all. :)

3:08 pm  
Blogger Bex said...

YES! See you remember those shoes! They actually did feel like bricks ahha! I'm also happy to report that I did play better in my shoes, and they did make me score higher than my 2 point game average up to 6 points! But i didnt feel any faster because I was actually so tired after half time i wanted to just walk.

9:12 am  
Blogger Marissa said...

Hey we are roughly the same size ... can do shoe swap - one of each foot? Then chuck on the head ban and sweat bands on each limb and we will be murder inc fiddy chingy ballerz

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home