July 04, 2005

Change is good

I moved jobs today. I used to sit near a big sunny window that looked out onto the massive St George Bank building. Now I sit 5 steps away from my old desk, behind a big carpetted partion which blocks out all morning sun and makes me feel like a caged rat, in a dark room with only artificial light. But by lunchtime I changed the whole feng shui of my area. I switched to a lower partion to let sun in and so I can pop my head up and say hi to my old work section, moved the old partion to shield me from bad vibes from another section and stole my old chair back and changed the positions of the files. I feel much happier now and everyone who walks pasts comments on how much better the section feels. All in a day's work I say, now if only I could start doing some work...

2 Comments:

Blogger Marissa said...

Did you mean 'jobs' or 'desks'? Are you not @ Kograh Council anymore?

5:33 pm  
Blogger Bex said...

I'm still at Kogarah Council - i just made a lateral move within planning. I'm doing assessments instead of strategic, so now i'm enforcing the plans I helped to write. This is 'at the coal-face' planning, it should be fun arguing with people!

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home