November 21, 2005

My first soft toy



This is the first (and probably last) soft toy i have ever made. It's just a few bits of felt sewn together. I started this about 6 months ago and spent a few hours designing (ha) and sewing and then gave up halfway in disgust at my appalling sewing skills. It became the reject half toy that sat on my table.

Last night I was inspired by Miss Cazz's efforts to go into 'the third dimension' (she is making a 3-D hippo/rhino!) and so I dared to finish the 'rejected toy'. Originally she was going to have a scowling spoilt brat kind of face. But I was so happy to be motiviated to finish her that somehow she ended up with a smiling face and a pink loveheart on her stomach.

3 Comments:

Blogger nosilleg said...

Two thumbs up!

10:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does the toy have an extra pair of legs on top of his head? =oP

10:21 am  
Blogger Bex said...

It was going to be an upside down doll. So it could literally talk out of it's own arse. :-p~

1:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home