March 13, 2006

Last week’s food addictions…

are brought to you by:

Home made Pavlova – courtesy of my manager who was celebrating his birthday. I had to restrain myself and only eat two slices (ha ha!).

Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Tart – from Donna Hay’s Off The Shelf. I’ve never made coconut macaroons before and never realized how easy it was! It was good, but not quite chocolately enough for me, definitely less effort than short crust pastry though.

Pocky Green Tea Mousse. Spotted at an asian supermarket in Rhodes shopping centre. I love the Japanese packaging - sucked me right in! The mousse on the pocky stick really does taste like matcha. It’s my new favourite flavor of pocky, though apparently this is a seasonal flavour.

Homemade steak sandwich - $7 for two pieces of New York cut organic steak, stick it on slices of thick cut crusty loaf, lettuce and lots of tomato sauce!Delish!

King Island Blue Brie – I have been eating this big hunk of cheese with figs on vitawheats all last week. Practically everyday for lunch - it was half price! I finally finished it today. No more cheese for this week. Banned. Honest!

Snow crab - Mum cooked up some unintentionally salty (more like salt and pepper style) crab for dinner. It was yummy - but does not compare in flesh texture or sweetness to the mighty mud crab. CRAB SEASON IS UPON US! My favourite season of the year!

I really need to start paddling again - went on a two week hiatus. But i'm back in the boat tonight!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gregan said...

mmmm crab!
I'm just hopeless at eating them.

I wanna go to Bar Luck and eat chilli crab!!!!!! YUM!!!

Tart sounds delicious too... I love tarts... yum yum yum yum

how come you're making all this yummy food Bex? HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY HOPE TO KEEP YOUR WEIGHT DOWN IF YOU KEEP MAKING SUCH DELICIOUSLY FATTENING FOOD???

2:47 am  
Blogger Bex said...

It's called exercise! I went to the gym and sweated out some of the calories, so I didn't put any weight on!! In fact I lost some weight...hehe

10:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home