February 28, 2006

frangipani tart


tart, originally uploaded by creamy_mash.

Had the urge to bake tonight after seeing Matt Moran's raspberry frangipani tart in this month's Delicious Magazine. And it's one of those rare nights when I dont have anything scheduled! *gasp*

I've never made a 'tart' before - but it was super easy (it is written up as 'foolproof' - my kind of recipe haha)
and i was suckered in coz it's called a frangipani tart!(no there are no flowers in it). And yeah i know you all love it when i use the word 'TART'.

PS. Clearly my tart is the one on the right - supersized and without a dusting of icing sugar.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gregan said...

damn woman... that tart looks good enough to eat!
actually it looks really nice!

10:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh looks awesome!
I have a tart tin somewhere (packed in the boxes of kitchen stuff that I should be able to unpack in 6 weeks!)

We can have a bake off when we move in to the new place. :P

NOICE

-syl

9:40 am  
Blogger Ange said...

I saw these too & also drying to try them out, they look great, how did they taste?

12:23 pm  
Blogger Bex said...

G - thanks man!

Syl - HOUSEWARMING BAKE OFF! I love it hehehe!

Ange - Hi! I took this tart into work and they loved it. The only thing I would advise is to shove more raspberries in the tart to balance out the rich filling! Definately must be served with vanilla icecream or dollop of cream.

2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home