April 18, 2006

Long Weekend


chadbday, originally uploaded by creamy_mash.

Ello Ello!

Happy Birthday to The Chad! My good friend and wannabe Pro Golfer/Pro Millionaire/Pro-Actor (hence the standard Chad pose in the top right hand corner of the pic).

I baked him a Hummingbird Cake from a Delicious Magazine recipe. It's the first time I baked a fruit cake - it's kind of like a carrot cake with pineapple and mango bits in it. I made a lime cream cheese frosting and Natty helped me decorate with the 'C' made from crushed walnuts!

The combination of roasted walnuts, carrots, pineapple and mango pieces and frosting was an intersting combination of sweetness and texture.

Chad requested a 'low fat' cake. Unfortunately the only really 'low fat' thing about this cake is the 'lite' philly cream cheese I used in the frosting haha...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ange said...

I've eaten Hummingbird cake & thinks its quite nice for a change from my usual rich chocolate cakes. Have not seen a recipe & never knew what was in them until now, think I might like to try this one out too

9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home