April 02, 2006

stress=baking

When I get stressed and need some cheering up I bake. (therefore I am) haha.

In the past week I have baked, cooked and eaten like a starving woman. I baked scones, Mrs Field's dark chocolate chunk cookies , and attempted to bake another frangipani tart . Except that the tart bombed out (i misguidedly thought I could replace pure icing sugar with impure icing mixture. what. was. i thinking?!) the frangipane mixture did not set and remained in a molten gooey state even after the tart crust had been burnt to a crisp. No worries -I made buttermilk pancakes with rich chocolate sauce instead. Almost as good as Trade Winds Cafe in Maroubra.

Despite Jpeg being in hospital the weekend wasn't so bad. I got to gorge myself on Voodoo's mum's fijian crab curry. OH YEAH! (crab makes everything better!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh No! Hope he feels better soon! Wishes from Hongky Land...

Tony

2:18 pm  
Blogger Bex said...

Thanks Tonee! I heard you got a GF from Shangers...honkies not good enough for you is it? ;)

5:05 pm  
Blogger Ange said...

The baking sounds like good theray, hope jpeg better soon

9:25 am  
Blogger Bex said...

Hi Ange - thanks for well wishes! Your rustic olive bread looks great! We have a bread machine at home, so I'm too lazy to bake own bread anymore but I do love abit of good kneading.

12:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh..not from Shanghai dear :P Yeah can't do Hongkies...

T

7:20 pm  
Blogger Gustad said...

cool site. fun to read. love that pic of your foot stick out, haha

6:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home