May 30, 2005

hot coke

This weekend is OC time trials and bootcamp for Hamo Cup. And as nature intended..i am sick. I don't know why but i always seem to get sick at crucial moments. Maybe it's stress related. (The ice water changes session that went for 3 hours yesterday would also be a factor... but i'm not going to blame that. What has being cold got to do with getting a cold? ;-p ) So I've decided to take my parents 'traditional' hongkie cold remedy.

Hot coke with lemon. I am too congested to care enough to take pics - trust me - coke with boiled lemons aint that visually appealing. Take your can of cola - i would say on this occasion do not use diet coke coz who knows how artificial sweetner changes once it's been boiled. Throw in some sliced lemon - the more the better I say! Tonight's mixture used half a lemon and was very ..lemony! Boil it over high heat and cover it with a lid to trap in all that cola and lemon goodness! Then serve it up and wait for it to cool just a moment or so and slurp that hot sugary lemon mixture. My parents prefer to boil their coke with ginger - but i find the 'heat' chi from the ginger is too much for my already 'heated' body, but if you have bad circulation then ginger is good.

Sometimes I think I can actually feel my teeth disolving as I drink the hot coke and lemon mixture, but it's so good when you've got a head full of snot - the sharp tangy lemon and hot sugar makes it all better...temporarily of course. I guess it's like drinking cough syrup - but there's something novel about drinking coke to make you feel better!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

Will save the Pei Pah Lo for when my throat is in need of soothing. Currently snot if confined to head cold only. i hope! I have not tried the lollie versions they would be cool coz that syrup always gets stuck in between the plastic lid and the screw on lid! But i do love licking the spoon full of syrup!

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home